help with excessive vocalization and aggression

edarling

Hatchling
Sorry, I should clarify- Karl is my partner, we live together. So the screaming for him is an issue which mostly happens outside the cage when Goose is on my shoulder and Karl walks by or he hears Karl in another room. When he's on Karl's shoulder he's pretty quiet and calm. We have a small townhouse and you can pretty much hear anything in any other room...

Eddie's Aviary

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes the behavior is that they see the other person as competition for their "mate", or other times it can be they want them to be theirs. I do think a same sex buddy would curb this if it continues. Hang in there, I know it can be really hard if they are being noisy.

edarling

Hatchling
Update! We can occasionally get Goose to step up on our fingers to get a treat now!! I'm so proud. He's still very reluctant and tries every other avenue to reach the treat first, though, and also the process seems to include yelling at the fingers before stepping up. We've been really struggling to find a treat that he liked enough to do something he didn't feel like doing... He likes a lot of things, apples, millet, seed balls, etc. but apparently not THAT much. I've been able to get him to step up to get the first seeds in the morning, and he's also extremely motivated to get a nibble of Juanita's corn chips... :rolleyes: We found that out accidentally, but occasionally let him eat the tiniest bit for a step up. I wish there was anything else he loved that much!

Attachments

LinnieGirl

Staff member
Update! We can occasionally get Goose to step up on our fingers to get a treat now!! I'm so proud. He's still very reluctant and tries every other avenue to reach the treat first, though, and also the process seems to include yelling at the fingers before stepping up. We've been really struggling to find a treat that he liked enough to do something he didn't feel like doing... He likes a lot of things, apples, millet, seed balls, etc. but apparently not THAT much. I've been able to get him to step up to get the first seeds in the morning, and he's also extremely motivated to get a nibble of Juanita's corn chips... :rolleyes: We found that out accidentally, but occasionally let him eat the tiniest bit for a step up. I wish there was anything else he loved that much!
Keep it up. Time and patience will pay off! Good progress!