Oldest linnie?

Scooby

Freshly Laid Egg
Of our five linnies, we're sadly down to only one, Scooby. His son, Squirt, died this week of old age at 13 years old. Scooby, remarkably, lives on at 17 years old. The green feathers around his face have "greyed" to yellow, he can't fly anymore, and one foot is disabled so he can only climb with his beak and the other foot. He misses his son and companion and has been contact calling for him. We found a small stuffed bird, a budgie, and put this in his cage on the floor, which is where Scooby spends most of his time these days. He's been cuddling up to this buddy, so it seems like he's getting some comfort from it.

His appetite is still good. I watched him this morning go through his fresh food bowl, tossing out the items he dislikes (carrots, green beans), and gobbling the corn and grapes.

Eddie's Aviary

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I missed this exciting message. 17 years old for a Linnie is remarkable! Tell us more.

If this post is asking if you should get a friend for him, I could offer an opinion. If it is a post to tell what is going on with this really interesting story..... I'm intrigued and looking for more information! I am sorry for your losses, and celebrate your clear successes.